Mortimer Surgery Notices July 2022
- COVID Precautions- Face masks are now not mandatory but we would encourage people with respiratory symptoms to wear a face covering.
- TREATMENT ROOM SERVICE
Due to sickness we now have no trained nurse for the next few weeks and limited health care assistant provision.
We continue to advertise for permanent and locum staff in our treatment room with very limited success.
We are in the process of rearranging appointments currently booked and making provision for the near future. GP’s will be covering some appointments but you may be asked to change your appointment time at short notice.
Some services will need to be suspended for the near future including travel vaccinations, routine ECG’s and health checks. We continue to provide a limited phlebotomy service and appointments for this will be prioritised to those who are frail or unable to travel to Thatcham hospital.
All requests for same day or urgent nurse assessment/treatment will be triaged by a GP and allocated to the most appropriate available resource
Our receptionists and admin staff together with the GP’s are working hard to provide a continuing service which already has large demands placed on it and we would be grateful for patients understanding and cooperation.
- Blood Test Appointments - Due to staff shortages we can not accommodate all patients requests for blood test appointments. Priority will be given to patients with significant health or mobility problems and the frail elderly. We will always try to accommodate appropriate and urgent requests but please be aware that you may be asked to use WBCH or RBH phlebotomy services.
- Zero Tolerance Policy There has been an increase in rude and abusive behaviour by some patients. Patients who demonstrate inappropriate behaviour will be asked to leave the premises.
- Sending of Medical Photos into the Surgery If you have been asked by your GP to send in photos by email can you please send them to the following email address stating which GP requested them firstname.lastname@example.org. This address can also be used for administrative queries
- Covid Vaccinations – if you need to book or enquire about a covid vaccination please phone 119 or go to nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Dispensary opening times are currently 9-12am and 2-6pm
Mental Wellbeing - for help and information please see Mental Wellbeing Youth.pdf and CCGmentalwellbeing resource.pdf
- Domestic Abuse- for help and information Domestic Abuse Flyer Covid (1).pdf
- Serving Members & Ex Members of our Armed Forces/War Veterans - If you are a current or ex member of our Armed Forces; please let the Surgery know, to ensure you receive the service/care available to you.
(Site updated 05/07/2022)