ON GOING STUDIES
Patients inadequately controlled
- On Metformin alone
- On Metformin & Gliclazides
- On Long Acting Insulin
- & a long term cardiovascular outcome study
CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR ( as at September 2012)
DIABETIC TYPE II 12 mth study
New Initiation of Insulin
CHRONIC COUGH STUDY
Looking for patients with chronic persistent cough for at least three weeks
Looking for patients with Acne Rosacea
Looking for patients who are currently having Prostap or Zoladex injections.
Looking at patients currently inadequately controlled on their inhaler regime.
We have been running Clinical Trials for the past fifteen years and have an impressive track record. We are experienced in Phase II, III and IV studies, in IRAS applications, electronic data capture and IVRS. Our Clinical Trials Team is headed by Dr Christopher Strang, an experienced Principal Investigator, with all GP Partners at Mortimer acting as Co-investigators. We have two Clinical Trial nurses and a Trial Co-ordinator, all of whom are regularly ICH GCP trained.
Nurse Jane Fazey (f)
Jane joined in August 2014 as a Clinical Trials Nurse.
Over the past fifteen years we have successfully undertaken studies in the following areas:
- Cardiovascular - Lipid lowering and hypertension
- Dermatological - Acne and psoriasis
- Endocrinology - Diabetes – Type I & II
- Infections diseases - Influenza, Wound Infections
- Neurology - Migraine, Restless Leg
- Ophthalmology - Age related macular degeneration
- Psychiatry - Depression, General Anxiety.
- Respiratory - Asthma, COPD and Sleep Studies
- Rheumatology - Osteoarthritis, Osteoporosis and Pain Studies
- Urology - Incontinence, Erectile Dysfunction
- Woman’s Health - HRT, Menhorragia
We recruit solely from our patient population (approximately 11,800) as we feel it important that we have the full medical history of our patients in order to maintain the highest safety and efficacy both for those enrolled and in terms of study data. Our facilities include two temperature controlled fridges, freezer, secure drug storage, centrifuge, audiogram, interpretative ECG, alpha vitalograph, etc, plus available monitoring rooms and links to private hospitals for x-ray investigations.
For more information about studies we are currently undertaking or should you wish to register an interest in future studies please contact Norma Newman, Clinical Trial Co-ordinator on either 0118 9332436 or direct line 0118 9480034 or via e-mail at email@example.com